Job Purpose: To plan and perform operational and financial audits. Identify business process risks and develop testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls. To document the results of the evaluations and to ensure all assigned audit activities are completed as per timetable, ensuring complete and effective review of the scope areas and in accordance with the Internal Audit methodology.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Scheduling of Internal audit calendar in discussion with internal stakeholders and external Audit firm
• Ensure communication of Audit findings to respective stakeholders for review, correction, preventive action & implementation of suggestions and observations.
• Facilitate the discussions and audits between the external audit team & internal departments.
• Preparation of the ATR Report (Action Taken Report) for the various audit area.
• Development of testing approach and selection of appropriate audit tools and sampling methodology.
• Ensuring collection of all required information and records by proactive engagement with process owners.
• Performing detailed review and evaluation of all risks and control gaps, determination of root cause and assessment of the impact. 8. Ensuring documentation and recording of requisite test scripts and supporting evidences in audit repository.
• Interact & closely work with Internal Audit (external team) to position quality & timely output.
• Facilitate in preparation of audit reports by providing adequate and accurate details of audit findings and recommending effective controls or mitigating options.
• Proactive engagements with process owners and within audit department to ensure timely completion and finalization of draft report.
• Monitoring and reporting status of audit work program and ensuring effective and on time completion of assigned audits.
• Timely preparation of Audit reports for submission to Audit Committee and for Management reviews.
• Delivering assigned ad-hoc assignments such as investigations, special reviews, continuous testing, physical verification, site inspections, etc.
• Follow up and monitoring of the status of audit actions, review and confirmation of completion for a period of 3-4 months to ensure that the new process is documented, implemented & pervasive.
• Handhold the respective departments in continuous improvement journey and documentation of the upgraded process as per ISO process.
• Understanding and ensuring compliance with Internal Audit methodology.
• Ensuring timely completion of suggested learning and development areas
The person should demonstrate:
• Should be well accustomed with various practices, policies, controls and audit procedures.
• Should be able to handle independently the audits right from planning of audits till concluding with auditees.
• Analytical bend of mind.
• Drive for Results to foster team towards attainment of department objectives.
• Openness to travel
10 years with minimum 8 years in Internal audit function preferably from Manufacturing Industry.
MS Office, SAP