Job Purpose: Designing new Products/sub-assemblies which augments the New Products planned for launch in the market. Responsible for Product Development in Domain expertise area, striving for best in class products.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• To determine customer’s needs and desires by specifying the research needed.
• To recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
• To assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
• To provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
• To obtains product market share by working with sales head to develop product sales strategies.
• To assess product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
• To provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
• To facilitate inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
• To bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
• To introduce and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
• To determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
• To complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The person should demonstrate:
• Demonstrable experience of Designing in Product Development functions in the area of Domain Expertise.
• Ability to innovate in engineering design and related technology
• Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills
Any Graduate or MBA