Diwali or Deepawali is one of the most popular festivals celebrated by Hindus every autumn in the northern hemisphere. Diwali symbolizes the spiritual “victory of light over darkness, good over evil and knowledge over ignorance”. It is celebrated to depict a historical event when Lord Rama returned to his homeland from his long 14 years of exile after successfully defeating Demon Ravana. This festival derived its literal name or title from the row (avali) of clay lamps (Deepa) that Indians light around their homes with an inner belief that it helps to brighten and widen the flow of positivity in our lives.
But what if the idea of celebrating Deepawali helps us to extend never-ending brightness in our life? Every year when the festival of lights is around the corner; an environmental friendly message is being spread out loud which dissuades us from bursting crackers on the festive occasion. But what if we make every day appear like Diwali? Yes, it is possible with the successful installation of an UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply).
Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) is a type of power supply that comes along with a battery to extend light energy to electronic devices especially during an event of blackout and brownout.
THE TWO TYPES OF UPS FOR YOU TO PICK UP: Basically, there are two types of UPS systems: the standby power system (SPS) and on-line UPS system.
- STANDBY POWER SYSTEM (SPS): The standby UPS is one of the most popular types used for desktop computers and other individual electronic devices. It is used to diligently monitor the power line and switches to battery power as soon as it catches hold a default. But this process to switch to a battery can require a few milliseconds, during which time set the computer is not receiving any light energy.
- ON-LINE UPS SYSTEM: The line interactive UPS is most popular choice of small businesses and server situations. An on-line UPS avoids these irritating power lapses by remaining online and offer a great amount of electric power from its inverter even when the power line is functioning itself in stable manner.
5 IMPORTANT GUIDELINES TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU LIMELIGHT YOUR LIFE WITH THE RIGHT UPS:
- THE NEED OF AN OUTLET: A UPS is that ultimate ray of sunshine in your life that provides you with multiple outlets. Also, keep in mind the UPS units lends protection on few ports. You can plug in and breathe new life to devices to fulfill both of your home or office based requirements.
- THE EXACT REQUIREMENT OF POWER FOR YOUR DEVICE: You need to ponder over this important question of about how much energy the device attached to the UPS will consume. If the device requires more power than the UPS can produce, then they will surely drain faster and nearly collapse. You can easily find out how much power your electrical devices utilize with the help of a wattmeter. The range of power supplied by the unit is often hand-written as VA or (Volt-Amps).
- THE DURATION TO RUN ON BATTERY: You need to know about that how long you want to survive on battery. Some install a UPS because they want to have a few valuable minutes before shutting down devices properly and save any important work that is performed on them. Others want a UPS so that they can ensure to have light during dark power cuts which may last for long hours.
- THE KEY FEATURES OF YOUR LIGHT SYSTEM: A basic unit will include simple features like disconnecting battery notification, USB connectivity and a software suite that can be controlled via PC to fine tune settings and keep a strict check on the power use and consumption. While a professional unit will be equipped with features like LED that actively informs about remaining battery charge, runtime and hot-swappable batteries.
- THE WARRANTY PERIOD: A UPS normally lasts for about two-three years of duration.